Powered By Blogger

From phone call to great road trip adventure!

I started blogging a few years ago when I made the cross country trip from Los Angeles, California to Wake Forest, North Carolina. Blogging turned out to be a fun experience, so now I continue to blog about all of my travels. I try to make it interesting for everyone and hope that people can travel with me through my blogging. To learn why I started blogging in the first place, just continue reading and the next paragraph will explain how it all got started. So sit back, read the post, view the pictures and travel with me via my blog.



One of my dreams ever since I can remember was to take a cross country road trip to see America. Never in a million years did I think I would realize this dream. My dream was set in motion when I answered the telephone and my son Chris (who lived in Los Angeles at the time) called to tell me he had accepted a job in New York City. He went on to say he would not be taking his car with him to New York but would be driving his car from California back to North Carolina. Light bulbs went off in my brain at that point, so I told him I would fly to Los Angeles and ride with him back to North Carolina. Thus my great road trip adventure came to be. But this is only the beginning as it hasn't started yet. We are in the planning stages of where we are going to stop along the way and what we want to see. We only have 10 days to go from west to east and so the planning begins. I hope you will follow me as I blog my way across America. I'm new at blogging so please be patient. I hope to blog daily and post pictures along the way. Thanks to Chris for making it happen and to Julie for telling me to "go for it" and to seize this "once in a lifetime opportunity". I'm glad I did!















Friday, September 9, 2011

ALABAMA HERE I COME

My next road trip takes me to Arab, Alabama, a small community in the foothills of the mountains.  Chris will be flying from NY to Huntsville on Wednesday so I will have to pick him up at the airport that afternoon.  Some places I hope to visit while in Alabama is Helen Keller's home, Alabama Music Hall of Fame (state of Alabama not the singing group Alabama), Wright Dairy Farm, and last but not least the Coon Dog Cemetery, made famous after it was shown in the movie Sweet Home Alabama.  Shucks, I guess most of us (including me) never knew there was such a place for coon dogs to be buried but it has been around since the 1930's and is the only one of it's kind.  More about the cemetery later.  

I'm heading out in the morning for Alabama and spend some time with my brother David and his wife Lorene. Chris will be joining us midweek and then Chris and I leave Arab, Al on Friday for Asheville, NC.  I hope you will keep reading my blog and I will try to keep making it as interesting as possible. 

On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again........

No comments:

Post a Comment